The NSW government is giving small businesses in NSW a grant of $2000 if they employ new full-time, part-time and casual workers in NSW.
To be eligible, the business needs to:
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be exempt from the payroll tax for a financial year
In addition, the employment of the person must:
- Fill a new job.
- Have started after 1 July 2015 and before 1 July 2019.
- Be maintained for 12 months.
- Mean that the number of your NSW FTE employees prior to hiring them increases and the number is maintained over a 12-month period.
- Mean the role is performed wholly or mainly in NSW.
The claim needs to be lodged within 60 days after the 12-month anniversary date.
Businesses can apply online at http://www.revenue.nsw.gov.au/grants/sbg/online
For further information, please visit http://www.revenue.nsw.gov.au/grants/sbg
Thanks to Darren Wu for this post.